The Young Microsurgeons Group is made up of candidate and active members of the ASRM who are within 8 years of completion of training. We are an enthusiastic compilation of microsurgeons who are committed to advancing the art and science of reconstructive surgery. Through early involvement in the ASRM, we position ourselves to make an impact on all aspects of plastic surgery through clinical, research, and academic channels. Members from our group have shaped the ASRM through the steering committee and executive council and have gone on take significant leadership roles in the ASRM, in addition to many plastic surgery societies.
YMG contributes content to the annual meeting and members serve on ASRM committees and task forces.
- Hosts two panels at the Annual Meeting: ”Pearls and Prosecco” and Early Career planning
- Plans YMG Fellowship Forum for the Annual Meeting, a roundtable for free discussion between current fellows, residents, and students
- Appoints standing positions on Godina Selection, Annual Meeting Program, Masters Series, Fellowship Match Oversight, Nominating, and Bylaws committees.
- YMG Chair serves as YMG representative on ASRM Executive Council
- Leadership Group within the YMG
- Consists of YMG chair, immediate past-chair, and 7 appointed members
- Selects members to serve on ASRM committees
- Develops content for the Annual Meeting
- Hosts YMG reception at the Annual Meeting
Yes, you are! Being a part of the young microsurgeons group gives you immediate access to an incredible network of reconstructive surgeons early in their careers. Successes can be shared, and mistakes can be learned from with colleagues across many states and nations. Establishing your foothold and leaving a positive mark can be difficult in many societies, but the ASRM has recognized the need for input and active involvement of its young members. Be a part of a very vibrant group within the ASRM and make your mark on the world of reconstructive plastic surgery.
Click Here to Apply to YMG Today